Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Robbery Attempt in Barcelona, Spain!

Torre Agbar, Barcelona, Spain
Torre Agbar is a 38-story skyscraper / tower that marks the gateway to the new technological district of Barcelona.

On 7th February 2013, While I was roaming around this locality, an old man approached and asked me to look into a map he was holding on pretext of asking direction to reach a certain place. He said that he wanted to reach that destination and didn't know the route. He was pointing on map and insisting me to look into it. Till then I had no doubt on his motive but I was keeping myself at a well-measured distance. However I asked him the name of the place he actually wanted to go. He replied that he couldn't actually see it because he had left his glasses back at the hotel. This gave me a shock - I told him if you can't see it properly how are you so sure about the location you're pointing at. He skipped this and asked me where I was from. 
Suddenly another man, a bit well-dressed appeared (who happened to be an accomplice of the earlier one). He flashed an ID attached to his wallet and said « Policia, passaporte por favor!» addressing both of us. By the time I had realized the GAME. The earlier old man started explaining me in English that he's police and asking to show passport. Instead of listening to him, I asked the so-called policeman to show the ID and police badge again. This was an unexpected response to him. Without wasting any time further, both of them went away without saying anything to me.

«It was a robbery attempt!!!» Alhamdulillah, my instant conscience saved me!!!

I shared this just to let others know - Europe is a dream destination for many of us, but the common robbing methodology exists everywhere! Be Alert and Be Safe!

No comments:

Followers